Dirk De Pauw
Chief Executive Officer, Founder
He lives to learn and has particular interests in biological systems, informatics and mathematics.
He has a degree and PhD in Bioscience Engineering (Ghent University
, Belgium) and has been an active programmer since 1990.
During his time at the university he wrote numerous modelling and simulation tools for a wide range of biological systems.
Through the fruitful collaboration with the Laboratory of Plant Ecology
at Ghent University, his interest in plant systems grew steadily.
In 2008 he founded Phyto-IT with the goal of bringing quality software solutions to the plant science and horticulture/agriculture communities.
- Steppe K., De Pauw D.J.W., Doody T.M. and Teskey R.O. (2010). A comparison of sap flux density using thermal dissipation, heat pulse velocity and heat field deformation methods. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology, 150(7-8), 1046-1056.
- Nadezhdina N., Steppe K., De Pauw D.J.W., Bequet R., Cermak J. and Ceulemans R. (2009). Stem-mediated hydraulic redistribution in large roots on opposing sides of a Douglas-fir tree following localized irrigation. New Phytologist, 184(8), 932-943.
- Steppe K., De Pauw D.J.W., Saveyn A., Tahon P., Nadezhdina N., Cermak J. and Lemeur R. (2009). Radial Sap Flux Profiles and Beyond: an Easy Software Analysis Tool. Acta Horticulturae, 846, 85-92.
- Villez K., Steppe K. and De Pauw D.J.W. (2009). Use of Unfold PCA for on-line plant stress monitoring and sensor failure detection. Biosystems Engineering, 103(1), 23-34.
- De Pauw D.J.W., Steppe K. and De Baets B. (2008). Identifiability analysis and improvement of a tree water flow and storage model. Mathematical Biosciences, 211(2), 314-332.
- De Pauw D.J.W., Steppe K. and De Baets B. (2008). Unravelling the output uncertainty of a tree water flow and storage model using several global sensitivity analysis methods. Biosystem Engineering, 101(1), 87-99.
- Steppe K.,De Pauw D.J.W. and Lemeur R. (2008). Validation of a dynamic stem diameter variation model and the resulting seasonal changes in calibrated parameter values. Ecological Modelling, 218(3-4), 247-259.
- Steppe K., De Pauw D.J.W. and Lemeur R. (2008). A step towards new irrigation scheduling strategies using plant-based measurements and mathematical modelling. Irrigation Science, 26(6), 505-517.
- Steppe K., De Pauw D.J.W., Lemeur R. and Vanrolleghem P.A. (2006). A mathematical model linking tree sap flow dynamics to daily stem diameter fluctuations and radial stem growth. Tree Physiology, 26(3), 257-273.